Ninja (ニンジャ) are demigod-like beings who once ruled Japan in its Heian period. They erased themselves from history after performing the mysterious hara-kiri rites in the Golden Kinkaku Temple, storing their souls. However, in modern-day Neo-Saitama, ninja have been resurrected. All modern ninja are possessed by a Ninja Soul.
All ninja must perform an aisatsu (greeting) to start a fight save for a single sneak attack. If both ninja are aware of each other and do not perform an aisatsu before a fight it is shitsurei (impolite), and if a ninja attacks during an aisatsu it is sugoi shitsurei (super impolite).
Basic Laws of Ninja Souls Edit
- The majority of ninja souls lose their memories and ego during the possession, only retaining the karate and jitsu. An exception is made for especially powerful souls.
- A ninja soul may only possess a person of the same gender.
- A ninja soul may only possess a living being (if the soul is forced into a dead body, a zombie-ninja is born).
- The person who becomes a ninja cannot have children, be it with a mortal or another ninja.
- A ninja cannot become human again. If the ninja soul is extracted, the ninja dies.
- During the possession, the ninja soul regenerates any wounds at tremendous rate, even able to heal mortal wounds.
- The person who becomes a ninja does not age, though it is also very likely that the aging process is greatly slowed down.